Fellow Countrymen - A citizen of the same country as the person speaking, writing, or being referred to.
Fellow Countrymen is a community-based nonprofit that is aiming to end Veteran homelessness within the Upstate of South Carolina. We are a group of Veterans / Patriots / Fellow Countrymen, who came together in 2016 and stepped out in Faith to help their neighbors, more specifically, homeless Veterans.
Since our inception in late 2016 we have housed, assisted and provided services to over
(760) Veterans with getting back to a normal life after experiencing homelessness or transitional issues. We are currently in the fight and providing (2) separate homes with a total of 10 beds for homeless Veterans.
OUR 4 CORNERSTONES OF RECOVERY:
* Recover - Return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength.
* Rehabilitate - To restore to a condition of good health, ability to work or the like.
* Resiliency - Ability to recover readily from illness, depression, adversity or the like.
* Reliance - Confident or trustful dependence.
OUR CORE VALUES:
N-eedful of Blessings
O-pen to His purpose for our life
R-eady to receive and serve
updated Oct 20
"Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter-- when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood"?
The Fellow Countrymen Staff do not agree with everything in this video however, we feel the video is a valid example of what some military men and women go through during and after their military service.
Please take a few minutes to watch, listen and read.